Fenves announces new housing initiatives, graduate student funding at State of the University address
UT President Gregory Fenves announced plans to have enough housing for all undergraduate freshmen in the State of the University address on Wednesday. He also announced initiatives for graduate students such as a $10 million one-time allocation for tuition. Read this story
Life and ArtsSeptember 18, 2019 11:24 PM
SportsSeptember 18, 2019 11:30 PM
NewsSeptember 18, 2019 10:06 PM
SponsoredSeptember 16, 2019 1:52 PM
NewsSeptember 18, 2019 10:46 PM
NewsSeptember 17, 2019 9:57 PM
Latest in News
- The Austin Transportation Department utilizes a data-informed planning tool to identify areas in Austin that have a relatively high number of serious traffic injuries and fatal crashes.
- In observance of nine Latin American countries gaining independence over time, the Campus Events + Entertainment Mexican American Culture Committee and Latino Studies hosted Celebración de Independencias, a free event with performances from local artists, food and activities representing different Latin cultures.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Abby Dasgupta encourages professors to use the UT Instapoll service on Canvas instead of external polling services.
- Columnist Sam Thielman encourages UT to add a pen pal system to FIGs.
Latest in Sports
- Even the best teams can be slowed by injuries, and the Longhorns are no different. Since the start of the season, the team has been without several major contributors for various amounts of time, including senior forward Cyera Hintzen, who is tied for first with Haley Berg in assists and is third on the team in total points.
- Coordinators Tim Beck and Todd Orlando have been with the Longhorns since 2017. Now in their third year, they have had the opportunity to watch young players grow and their now 2–1 team develop.
Latest in Life & Arts
- Finding a place to live in Austin can be overwhelming, but knowing your options can help narrow it down.
- A wedding-dress-clad Jennifer Aniston burst into a Manhattan coffee shop 25 years ago, catapulting the cultural powerhouse “Friends” onto television screens across the nation.