Second Special Session Demonstrations

• Pro-life activist Pamela Whitehead of Katy, Texas argues with a pro-choice activist during the first day of hearings on House Bill 1 and Senate Bill 2 at the Texas State Capitol on Tuesday afternoon. Activists of both sides attended the hearings in order to bear testimony about the bills, which are aimed at restricting abortions across the state. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• Citizens rally to show support for women's rights at the Capitol on Monday afternoon. (Photo Credit: Emily Ng)

• Citizens opposing the Stand With Texas Women Rally wore blue at the Capitol on Monday afternoon. (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• The shoes worn by Senator Davis during her filibuster of Senate Bill 5 are carried around the rally at the Capitol on Monday afternoon. (Photo Credit: Emily Ng)

• Citizens rally to show support for women's rights at the Capitol on Monday afternoon.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Senator Wendy Davis waits to be introduced at the Stand With Texas Women Rally at the Capitol on Monday afternoon. (Photo Credit: Emily Ng)

• Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks sings at the Stand With Texas Women Rally at the Capitol on Monday afternoon.  (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Law and Order: Special Victims Unit actress Stephanie March speaks at the Stand With Texas Women Rally at the Capitol on Monday afternoon. (Photo Credit: Emily Ng)

• Cecile Richards, President of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America speaks at the Stand With Texas Women Rally at the Capitol on Monday afternoon. (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Texas Senators gather with Wendy Davis at the end of the rally at the Capitol on Monday afternoon. (Photo Credit: Emily Ng)

• Citizens filled the south lawn of the Capitol on Monday afternoon to show support for women's rights.    (Photo Credit: Erika Rich)

• Pro-choice activists Melissa Gabriel, Ally Parks and Tina Johnson look over pro-life demonstrators at the Texas State Capitol in Austin, Texas on Tuesday afternoon as part of the first day of hearings on House Bill 2 and Senate Bill 1, which would restrict abortion in the state. Activists of both sides attended the hearings in order to bear testimony on the bills as well as voice their opinions. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• A pro-life activist prays during a demonstration at the Texas State Capitol in Austin, Texas on Tuesday afternoon as part of the first day of hearings on House Bill 2 and Senate Bill 1, which would restrict abortion in the state. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

• Pro-life activists huddle during a demonstration at the Texas State Capitol on Tuesday afternoon as part of the first day of hearings on House Bill 2 and Senate Bill 1, both of which would restrict abortion across the state. Activists from both sides of the debate attended the Capitol in order to testify at the hearings and to stage demonstrations. (Photo Credit: Mengwen Cao)

• Sabine Hodge of Pearland, Texas holds a sign and shouts at pro-life demonstrators at the Texas State Capitol on Tuesday afternoon during the first day of testimony on abortion restricting measures House Bill 2 and Senate Bill 1. Separate crowds of pro-life and pro-choice demonstrators rallied at the state building as the hearings were taking place. (Photo Credit: Guillermo Hernandez)

«
»