Pick of the Pics - July, 2011

It is already July and Pick of the Pics is back. That means ten of our favorite pictures from past and current photographers are selected by the Summer photo editor Mary Kang.

Jeffrey McWhorter | Daily Texan Staff

Two men affix inflatable Christmas decorations to the top of the Millenium Youth Entertainment Complex.  The Millenium Center is located in East Austin on Rosewood Street and provides area kids with a place for recreation such as bowling, roller skating and movies. (December 4, 2008)

Karina Jacques | Daily Texan Staff

Helen Schneider, an Economics Professor, Andrea Howland, a Speech Pathology senior and Julie Pietak, an RTF major are surprised by the sudden rain on Guadalupe Street. (August 13, 2009)

Andrea Lai | Daily Texan Staff

On Wednesday, the first day of Ramadan, Abdul Rashid Asadullah (left) meditates and recites his Salah, or ritual prayer, in the Islamic Center of Greater Austin while kneeling in the direction of Mecca. During the month of Ramadan, Muslims fast from dawn to sunset to grow closer to Allah through prayer and worship. (September 13, 2007)

Kim Espinosa | Daily Texan Staff

Jill Morlang travels across the floor in a jazz routine in a workshop held by Hubbard Street Dance Company. (October 13, 2006)

May-Ying Lam | Daily Texan Staff

Contestants share a moment before taking to the stage for the Miss Juneteenth Scholarship Pageant. (June 15, 2009)

Peyton Coker | Daily Texan Staff

Two people canoe under the Lamar bridge at Lady Bird Lake. (September 24, 2008)

Peter Franklin | Daily Texan Staff

Students scuba dive at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center during their basic scuba diving class.  By the end of the course, students can become NAUI certified after an open water dive at Lake Travis. (April 15, 2008)

Caleb Bryant Miller | Daily Texan Staff

An artist performs during the gallery show Future Prologues at Flatbed Press. (October 20, 2008)

Tamir Kalifa | Daily Texan Staff

RTF Senior Fatima Carbajal tests an art installation in the stairwell of the William Randolph Hurst Building.  The final project for the RTF Video Installation course is designed transform the image of the Communications Buildings by covering them in projected light. (May 7, 2009)

Sara Young | Daily Texan Staff

Yolanda Cortes, visiting from Brooklyn, enjoys a sunny day below Barton Springs pool among local Austin families. (April 16, 2009)