Vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine to return to Texas

Tim Kaine, the Democratic vice presidential candidate, will be returning to Texas at the end of September to fundraise for Hillary Clinton in Houston and Austin.

Kaine previously visited the state in August at fundraising events in Dallas and Houston, as well as an Austin event meant to thank volunteers supporting the Texas Democratic Party. 

This time around, Kaine will be in Austin for one day and attend two fundraising events. Details are still being finalized for locale, but one of the events will be held at the home of Bonnie Mills, who is on the board of Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, and tickets are being sold for $10,000, according to The Texas Tribune. 

Joseph Trahan, University Democrats communications director, said no members of the organization are involved yet. 

“I don’t believe anyone from UDems will be attending, but that could change as it nears,” Trahan said. “Nobody has reached out to us about it.”

This will be the third time the vice presidential side of the ticket will visit Texas in recent months. Kaine’s wife, Anne Holton, also visited Dallas this week for a roundtable on education and childcare on the heels of a Washington Post-SurveyMonkey poll that put the Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton as tied with Republican nominee Donald Trump in the usually solid-red state of Texas.