• Texas State University Police refuse to comment on two more received threats

    Bryan police arrested former Texas State University student Brittany Nicole Henderson, 19, Tuesday in connection with an Oct. 18 false email bomb threat made against Texas State University’s admissions building.

    Henderson has also been charged with making two other email threats against Texas State University, but Texas State University police declined to comment on those threats. Texas State University police said no connection has been made between the threats made against Texas State University and other bomb threats recently made against universities across the country. Those include an  Oct. 19 false email bomb threat against Texas A&M University and a Sept. 14 false phone bomb threat against UT. Both prompted campus-wide evacuations and forced the cancellation of classes for those days.

    Daniel Benitez, captain of operations for the Texas State University Police Department, said the FBI’s Joint Terroristic Task Force, the Austin Police Department Bomb Squad, the Texas Department of Public Safety’s Fusion Center and several other agencies are investigating the recent bomb threats across the country.

    No arrest has been made at this time in regard to the Sept. 14 bomb threat at UT.

    Henderson now faces three charges of making a terroristic threat, a third-degree felony, and three charges of making a false alarm, a misdemeanor, Benitez said.

    Texas State University police said their university evacuated its admissions building and two dorm complexes on Oct. 18 after receiving an email bomb threat . The email was sent to the university email account of a Houston-based admissions officer. No bomb was found and classes were not interrupted that day.

    Benitez said Henderson enrolled at Texas State University and withdrew in late September for unknown reasons. He said she has no prior criminal record and is currently in police custody. 

  • Expect low temperatures, chance of showers during this weekend's Halloween festivities

    If your planning out a halloween costume for this weekend, don’t forget to take into account the chilly weather being forecasted.

    According to the National Weather Service's website, temperatures are expected to begin to drop into the 50s Thursday night with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms at that time. Temperatures are expected to stay low throughout the weekend with lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A 40 percent chance of showers has been predicted for Friday and a 20 percent chance of light showers has been predicted for Friday night.