Stabbing at 25th and Leon leaves one wounded

Parts of 25th street were blocked off after a non-fatal stabbing last night. (Photo courtesy of Aaron Porter)

An individual was stabbed around midnight at 25th and Leon Streets outside of a fraternity house, Austin Police confirmed.

APD spokesman Anthony Hipolito could not confirm which fraternity house it was, although Pi Kappa Alpha, Omicron and Sigma Alpha Mu are all in the vicinity

The victim was transferred to Brackenridge hospital last night, although Police could not give information on the identity of the victim or suspect. Police said the stab wounds were likely not life-threatening and as of this morning Hipolito confirmed that the victim is still likely to recover.

Hipolito said the suspect was not apprehended last night and is still at large. He said APD is working with some leads and several witnesses are being interviewed, although he did not know if a composite would be released.

Hipolito said this will not change the way APD officers plan to operate during Roundup events tonight. He said APD officials do not plan to allocate more resources to the West Campus area this evening in light of the stabbing.