Multiple Longhorns to represent Texas on U.S. Collegiate Team

It’s been nearly four months since Texas lost to Stanford in the NCAA Championship match, marking the second year in a row the Longhorns lost in the season’s final game. 

But five Longhorns, including head coach Jerritt Elliott, finally have something to take their minds off their heartbreaking defeat to the Cardinal. 

Elliott, along with four of his players, will compete on the U.S. Collegiate Team in Bangkok, Thailand, in a tournament spanning throughout most of the latter half of May. 

Sophomore outside hitter Yaasmeen Bedardt-Ghani, freshman outside hitter Micaya White, senior middle blocker Chiaka Ogbogu and sophomore middle blocker Morgan Johnson will compete on the team. 

Those four Longhorns make up one-third of the total players on the team, who all hail from different universities around the country. The University of Kentucky is the only other school to send multiple players. The Wildcats are sending two.

The team of 12 collegiate women will compete against Thailand’s national team, Thailand’s U23 team and Bangkok Glass — Thailand’s No. 1 professional team — during the annual U.S. Women’s Collegiate Thailand Tour on May 19–30. 

Before then, Texas will play its spring schedule — including one home game against North Texas on April 18 at Gregory Gymnasium.