Injuries plague Longhorns in the 2016 NFL season

With only five games left in the regular season, the NFL playoffs are lurking around the corner. Longhorns in the league are buckling down for the last leg of the season. And many have already made headlines this season.

Texas legend Justin Tucker — who kicked the game-winning field goal in the program’s final game against Texas A&M in 2011 — continued his impressive NFL career on Sunday. A Pro Bowler in 2013, Tucker went 3/3 on kicks against the Cincinnati Bengals, including a season-long 57-yard boot. He has now made all 27 field goals attempted this year. 

Linebacker Jordan Hicks of the Philadelphia Eagles has been on fire in recent weeks, pulling down two interceptions  and 30 tackles since the end of October. His division rival Keenan Robinson, a linebacker for the New York Giants, has also racked up 59 combined tackles this season.  

However, injuries have piled up for several former Longhorns.

Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas missed his the first game in seven seasons this weekend after injuring his hamstring against the Philadelphia Eagles the week prior. 

Buffalo Bills safety Aaron Williams also remains sidelined after injuring his neck against the Miami Dolphins in October; he will miss remainder of the season. Dallas Cowboys tight end Geoff Swaim will also miss extended time after tearing a pectoral muscle.