Foreman to make decision on NFL soon

Running back D’Onta Foreman still has one year of collegiate eligibility at his disposal. But the junior has yet to make a decision on whether or not he will return to don the burnt orange for one last season. 

According to his father, Derrick Foreman, D’Onta’s decision could come at any time this week. 

“Everyone wants to know when D’Onta’s official announcement will come,” Derrick Foreman tweeted on Tuesday morning. “[I] Don’t know exact day but it will be before or by Friday at the latest.” 

Derrick Foreman also said that reports this week about D’Onta already signing with an NFL agent are false. D’Onta spoke with his father, his brother Armanti, his mother and newly appointed Texas head coach Tom Herman this week about his looming choice. 

Should Foreman return, the future looks bright on the 40 Acres. He rushed for 2,028 yards this season on a team that stumbled to a 5–7 record. Herman promised championships for Texas, and an invigorated squad could lead to more individual accolades for Foreman. 

But if he decides to test the NFL waters, Foreman should still be in good shape at the next level, too. ESPN’s Todd McShay said earlier this month that Foreman could wind up getting selected in the first round of the draft.