No. 6 Texas ready to compete in Hawaii at John Burns Intercollegiate

No. 6 Texas men’s golf will play in its second tournament of the spring season today through Friday at the John Burns Intercollegiate at the Wailua Golf Course in Lihue, Hawaii.

Wailua Golf Course is a Par 72 and 6,991 yards long. The three-day tournament will be 54 holes over three rounds.

The tournament will host 16 teams, including No. 20 Washington and No. 22 Virginia. Washington finished runner-up to Texas just over two weeks ago in Arizona. 

At the Arizona Intercollegiate, the Longhorns kicked off the spring with a five-shot win. Junior Beau Hossler won by two shots in the individual standings, giving him his third career victory.

Since then, Texas has risen four spots in the Golfweek rankings to No. 6, and Hossler has jumped to No. 1.

The lineup for the Longhorns includes Hossler, sophomore Doug Ghim, junior Gavin Hall, sophomore Scottie Scheffler and redshirt sophomore Branson Davis. 

Davis won the first tournament of his career at the Arizona Medalist, a separate event from the Arizona Intercollegiate for players competing as individuals.

Redshirt sophomore Taylor Funk, redshirt senior Tayler Termeer, junior Kalena Preus and freshman Steven Chervony will compete as individuals. Chervony will make the first start of his college career.