Texas men’s golf heads to Oregon for Nike Golf Collegiate Invitational

The Texas men’s golf team heads to Portland, Oregon for the Nike Golf Collegiate Invitational Sunday through Tuesday at Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club.

The three-day, 54-hole tournament will take place on two different courses at Pumpkin Ridge. Round one  will be played on the Ghost Creek course (Par 71, 6,834 yards) while Rounds two and three will be on Witch Hollow (Par 72, 7,015 yards).

The tournament will host 14 teams, 11 of which are ranked in the top 25. No. 7 Stanford and No. 10 Clemson will be among the competitors. No. 15 Oklahoma joins Texas as the only other Big 12 school in the field.

Texas finished fifth of 12 teams in last year’s tournament, posting 863 (+23). Oregon won with an 11-over 851. Oregon’s Thomas Lim won the individual standings with an eight-under 202. Texas’ low player was junior Beau Hossler, who finished sixth with a 1-over 211.

The No. 9 Longhorns dropped seven spots in the NCAA rankings after their eighth-place finish in the season opener two weeks ago in Chicago. However, Texas returns last year’s team scoring average leader, Hossler, who missed the season opener after recently returning from the Walker Cup in England.

The Texas lineup includes – in order – sophomore Doug Ghim, Hossler, sophomore Scottie Scheffler, junior Gavin Hall and junior Kalena Preus.