Longhorns finish season No. 18

Texas woman's tennis began NCAA Tournament play with a sweep of William and Marry University. Their opening round success set them up for a a match against the University of Virgina in the second round.

Texas won the doubles point and singles players Aerial Ellis and Breaunna Addison held court for the Longhorns, but Virginia proved to be too much and was able to advance to the third round of the tournament in front of their home crowd at the Snyder Tennis Center.

The No. 18 Longhorns finished the season with a record of 18-1.

Though the Longhorn women were unable to hold court, singles players Aerial Ellis and Breaunna Addison received draws for the woman's singles tournament, while Breaunna Addison and teammate Noel Scott received a draw for woman's doubles. 

Scott and Addison were edged out of the tournament's first round, while fellow Longhorn teammate Aerial Ellis began her tournament play against North Carolina's Joelle Kissell. Ellis was able to knock out Kissell after hard fought sets. 

Ellis was unable to move forward in the tournament's next round. Ellis finished her career as a Longhorn with two All-American nominations and an ITA Texas Region Player Rookie of the Year Award, among many other accolades as a Longhorn.

As a first year freshman, Addison stormed through competition on her way to the semi-finals before meeting Stanford's defending champion, Nicole Gibbs, where she fell short.

Addison's first round victory made her the first Longhorn freshman to win a match in the 64-player NCAA singles draw in 17 years. After her win in the second round she sealed her spot as an ITA All-American and finished her freshman season with a record of 30-7.