Big 12 Bubble Watch: Who's in and who's out of the Big Dance from the Big 12

With Selection Sunday less than two weeks away, and only two games left in the regular season, this is the postseason bid I foresee for the each team in the Big 12.

The Locks:

Kansas

The Jayhawks should close out the regular season with another Big 12 title. As I have said earlier in a previous blog post, the Jayhawks should be the favorites to win the Big 12, until they don’t win the Big 12. Kansas (25-4,13-3) looks poised to make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament after perhaps winning the Big 12 title outright for the ninth season in a row.

Postseason prediction: No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament

Kansas State

The Wildcats could split the Big 12 title with Kansas if both teams win the same amount of their last two games. That task will be extremely difficult with a trip to Stillwater looming to end the regular season Saturday. The Wildcats (24-5, 13-3) still have good NCAA Tournament prospects, and have shown no drop-off following the departure of Frank Martin.

Postseason prediction: No. 4 seed in the NCAA Tournament

Oklahoma State

The Cowboys are clicking right now, and are arguably the best team in the Big 12 when playing their best basketball. Despite the fact that they will not win the Big 12 (barring a slide by Kansas), the Cowboys (22-6, 12-4) have the potential to go the furthest in March of all the teams in the Big 12.

Should be in:

Oklahoma

The Sooners blew a 22-point lead in a loss to the Longhorns last Wednesday, but bounced back nicely with a win against Iowa State that should put them in the tournament. The Sooners (19-9, 10-6) should go dancing, assuming they sweep this week against West Virginia and TCU as expected.

Postseason prediction: No. 10 seed in the NCAA Tournament

Iowa State

The Cyclones missed two golden opportunities to win crucial games this past week. Despite this, they have looked good enough this season and won enough games to make the NCAA Tournament for a second straight year. If the Cyclones (19-10, 9-7) win against Oklahoma State this week, they should be a lock for the tournament.

Postseason prediction: No. 11 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Could make it:

Baylor

The Bears lost a must-win game against Kansas State in heartbreaking fashion, and now will likely miss the NCAA Tournament despite having one of the more talented teams in the conference. Baylor (17-12, 8-8) will need to grab wins this week against Texas and Kansas as well as at least one in the Big 12 Championship to feel confident about making the field of 68.

Postseason prediction: NIT

Need to win the Big 12 Championship

West Virginia

The Mountaineers have had a rough inaugural season in the Big 12, and will likely miss the postseason all together. However, coach Bob Huggins should have the Mountaineers (13-16, 6-10) back on track for the 2013-2014 season.

Postseason prediction: None

Texas

The Longhorns have already set their own record for losses in Big 12 play, and will finish below .500 overall baring a long run in the Big 12 Championship. Texas (13-16, 5-11) will need to win the Big 12 Championship to extend its NCAA Tournament appearance streak to 15.

Postseason prediction: None

Texas Tech

The Red Raiders lost head coach Billy Gillispie before the season began, but did manage to steal a couple of conference wins from foes. Baring them winning the Big 12, the Red Raiders (10-17, 3-13) will miss the postseason.

Postseason prediction: None

TCU

The Horned Frogs (10-19, 1-15) went from mediocre in the Mountain West to historically bad in the Big 12. Their win over Kansas, should give fans hope for the future under coach Trent Johnson.

Postseason prediction: None