Swansea City celebrates 100 years with first major title

It took 100 years of waiting but Swansea City finally has reason to celebrate. Celebrating its 100-year anniversary, Swansea City raced past Bradford City en route to a record 5-0 win to claim its first major cup in the inaugural Capital One Cup final. Nathan Dyer and Jonathan de Guzman each scored two goals on a historic night for Swansea, who had the game safely tucked away by halftime.

"The first trophy is always special and next year in Europe will be a nice experience," Swansea manager Michael Laudrup told reporters after the win. 

No doubt the former Denmark great will have reason to smile in the upcoming days as he helped bring a team that 10 years ago was on the edge of extinction to its first major cup. Bradford's fans stayed loyal throughout the game making their voices heard when their team would advance into Swansea territory and cheering on their team as they made their exit from the arena in a class act.

Manchester City to battle back?

Barclays Premier League:

Yaya Toure will not say die. The Manchester City midfielder believes that the reigning league cup champions can defend their title despite trailing neighboring Manchester United by 12 points with only 11 games left in the season. Despite this gloomy outlook for City, Toure believes that his team can fight through it and anything can happen. If this is true then it wouldn't be the first last-season drama between the two rivals, as last year's title was decided in a heartbreaking fashion for Manchester United. Manchester City scored two goals in stoppage time against Queens Park Rangers to save a memorable season and stun a stadium full of Manchester United fans watching the City game expecting to win another Premier League title. Of course, before we can start hoping to watch another memorable day of soccer like that day, City needs to pull itself out of the 12-point hole it resides in.

Premier League Top Five

1. Manchester United - 68 pts

2. Manchester City - 56 pts

3. Chelsea - 49 pts

4. Tottenham Hotspur - 48 pts

5. Arsenal - 47 pts

Reports of a divide in Real Madrid dressing room

La Liga:

In La Liga play it seems that Barcelona will once again runaway with the league title; Barcelona sits comfortably 12 points ahead of Atletico and 16 points ahead of rival Real Madrid. Despite the return of one of the most gifted players we have ever seen, Kaka, Real Madrid has had a disappointing season by its standards. It has been reported that there could be a divide in the Real Madrid dressing room between the Portuguese clan including Cristiano Ronaldo, Coach Jose Mourinho and players represented by agent Jorge Mendes and Spain international stars Sergio Ramos and Xabi Alonso. Such claims have been denied repeatedly by Ronaldo and Alonso, but the idea of such a divide is a distraction for a team that needs to play perfect if it wants any chance at catching up to rival Barcelona.

La Liga Top Five

1. Barcelona - 68 pts

2. Atletico -  56 pts

3. Real Madrid - 52 pts

4. Malaga - 42 pts

5. Valencia - 41 pts