Olympic Rundown: August 2

A quick look at current and former Longhorns competing in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, updated throughout the games.

August 2:

- Kevin Durant scored 14 points and handed out six assists in Team USA's 156-73 win over Nigeria. Yes, you read that right. Durant was 4-for-7 from three-point range. Team USA returns to the court Saturday against Lithuania at 8:30 a.m., central time.

August 1:

- Troy Dumais, a seven-time NCAA champion, captured his first Olympic medal Wednesday, picking up the bronze in the 3m synchornized diving with partner Kristian Ipsen.

“It was so great to see him today, in his fourth Olympiad at the age of 32, perform with Kristian (Ipsen) at this high level and win a bronze medal,” Texas men's and women's diving coach Matt Scoggin said in a statement. “This day and performance was all about hard work and finding a way to finally get on that medal platform. Everyone in Longhorn Nation and in the United States should be so proud of Troy.”

- Kathleen Hershey swam a career-best 2:05.78 in the 200m butterfly to finish in fourth-place, a bit of a "disappointment" considering she clocked the top time in Tuesday's semifinal heats.

- Destinee Hooker continues her roll with the U.S. women's volleyball team, now 3-0 after a sweep of China. Hooker leads the women's competition in kills (58) and poinst (66) and holds a 5.27 kills-per-set average.

“Destinee is playing lights-out volleyball right now,” Texas head volleyball coach Jerritt Elliott said in a statement. “She is playing with a lot of confidence and dominating on the court.”

July 31:

- Kevin Durant recorded a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds as Team USA beat Tunisia 110-63 in the second game of Preliminary Round Groupu A action Tuesday night.

- Ricky Berens earned his second relay gold as part of the winning 4x200m freestyle relay team for the United States.

July 29:

- Brendan Hansen earned a bronze medal in the 100m breastroke Sunday, finishing in 59.49 seconds. Hansen came out of retirement in 2011.

- Rickky Berens and Jimmy Feigen also medaled, receiving silver for their participation in the 4x100m freestyle relay.