Weekend Recs: Truancy Ride, Vive La France, Potter Extravaganza, Cudi, Kevin Greer

Bike riders gather at Mellow Johnny’s for a moderately paced, 30-mile road ride around the city. Safety regulations include wearing a helmet, using a bike in good working condition and having water and tools for changing flats in hand.

WHAT: Friday Truancy Ride
WHERE: Mellow Johnny’s Bike Shop
WHEN: Friday, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
HOW MUCH: Free

To celebrate the anniversary of the French revolution, the historic French Legation Museum is hosting its annual Bastille Day party with refreshments, live French music, dancing and rounds of the country’s popular sport, Pétanque, on its grassy lawn.

WHAT: L’Alliance Française d’Austin’s Annual Bastille Day Party
WHERE: French Legation Museum
WHEN: Saturday, 7 p.m. - 11 p.m.
HOW MUCH: $8 advance, $10 at the gate, children 12 and under free

To mark the finale of the Harry Potter movie series, the Highball is doing it wizardly big, transforming the venue’s ballroom into the Great Hall. Ticket includes a three-course feast, Harry Potter-themed drinks, trivia games and a live reenactment of the entire series in an hour by the Institution Theater.

WHAT: Harry Potter Extravaganza
WHERE: The Highball
WHEN: Saturday, 7 p.m.
HOW MUCH: $60 (18 and up)

The “Day ‘n’ Nite” rapper from Cleveland is hitting the stage with Chip Tha Ripper on Saturday.

WHAT: Kid Cudi with Chip Tha Ripper
WHERE: Cedar Park Center
WHEN: Saturday, 7 p.m.
HOW MUCH: $50

The quaint little restaurant on Live Oak is hosting an art show series for charity this Sunday. All proceeds benefit the Austin Museum of Art. Showcasing the work of local artist Kevin Greer, there will be complimentary appetizers as well.

WHAT: Art Show: Kevin Greer
WHERE: Paggi House
WHEN: Sunday, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
HOW MUCH: $10 pre-sale, $15 at the door