James Hogg statue to return to campus after Confederate statue removal in 2017
Although the last of South Mall’s Confederate statues were removed in August 2017, the statue of former Texas governor James Hogg will return to campus. Read this story
NewsNovember 13, 2018 12:27 AM
Science and TechnologyNovember 13, 2018 12:14 AM
Science and TechnologyNovember 13, 2018 1:10 AM
NewsNovember 13, 2018 12:22 AM
SportsNovember 13, 2018 12:25 AM
SportsNovember 13, 2018 12:20 AM
Read the latest The Daily Texan issue!
Latest in News
- Architectural engineering sophomore Cypress Lefebre has a political sign up on her lawn in North Campus, a holdover from the midterm election just last week.
- Although the last of South Mall’s Confederate statues were removed in August 2017, the statue of former Texas governor James Hogg will return to campus.
Latest in Opinion
- It’s time for the UT administration to decide what they are going to do with the blocks — leave them as symbols of resistance against hate, take the blocks away or replace the statues altogether.
- By studying in bed, students run the risk of wrecking both their studying and sleeping habits. Instead of trying to study in a place your body is accustomed to sleeping, you should make the effort to study in an environment where you know you will focus and stay awake.
Latest in Sports
- Texas men’s tennis concluded its national fall competitions at the Oracle ITA National Fall Championships this past weekend in Surprise, Arizona.
- On the same day she was announced to the preseason watch list for the Naismith Trophy, Lashann Higgs showed up in Denton ready to prove she was indeed something to watch this season.
Latest in Life & Arts
- Latinx filmmakers in varying career levels continue to push for a louder Latinx voice in the documentation of American history.
- UT’s creative community strives to change beauty standards and the way content developers portray beauty in the media.