SG changes election code to simplify campaign season
Changes include a new single transferable voting system, the removal of all current Election Supervisory Board precedents and clarifications on what counts as candidate speech on social media. Read this story
NewsNovember 18, 2018 11:32 PM
SportsNovember 19, 2018 11:45 PM
NewsNovember 19, 2018 11:02 PM
OpinionNovember 18, 2018 7:54 PM
Life and ArtsNovember 19, 2018 11:23 PM
NewsNovember 19, 2018 11:27 PM
Read the latest The Daily Texan issue!
Latest in News
- After President Donald Trump criticized Bill McRaven, the former UT System chancellor, for not capturing bin Laden sooner, several major voices in the GOP expressed their disagreement, supporting the former Navy Admiral.
- The University completed nearly $2.4 million in safety and security upgrades to all on-campus buildings at the end of October.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Taylor Newman encourages the school to help the CMHC help UT students by expanding their resources.
- Columnist Brooks Johnson encourages students to get involved with state politics this legislative session.
Latest in Sports
- Dylan Osetkowski hates talking about last year’s loss against No. 1 Duke. The senior forward has watched the game’s final minutes countless times, reviewing how his team lost a 16-point lead. He still thinks of ways the Longhorns could have closed that game out.
- With only one week of regular season football remaining, Kyler Murray continues to close the gap between him and Tua Tagovailoa. With a strong performance against West Virginia, things could get interesting. Here's how the Heisman race is shaping up heading into Week 12.
Latest in Life & Arts
- For those looking for unique, locally made gifts this holiday season, a warehouse in North Austin with a giant blue genie on the roof may be the ideal shopping destination.
- For business freshman Tejal Bhikha and chemical engineering alumna Kaya Bhikha, spilling oils all over their belongings was the best thing that ever happened to them.