As the semester comes to a close, here's a look back at some of the top stories from this fall
Here's a look back at some of the top stories from this fall, including the midterm elections, the Kavanaugh protest and UTLA Director Phil Nemy. Read this story
NewsDecember 9, 2018 11:35 PM
NewsDecember 9, 2018 11:27 PM
NewsDecember 5, 2018 11:56 PM
NewsDecember 7, 2018 12:53 AM
NewsDecember 7, 2018 12:40 AM
Life and ArtsDecember 7, 2018 1:07 AM
Read the latest The Daily Texan issue!
Latest in News
- Travis County District Judge Tamara Needles has found Kendrex White not guilty by reason of insanity in the May 2017 stabbing attack that left freshman Harrison Brown dead and three students injured.
- The following timeline is the series of events leading up to the upcoming trial of Kendrex White, who was indicted after a May 2017 stabbing attack left freshman Harrison Brown dead and three other students injured.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Sanika Nayak advocates for a more inclusive space for women at Gregory Gym.
- Columnist Emily Caldwell urges UT to expand bike parking options on campus.
Latest in Sports
- Texas was in perfect position. Up 21-20 in the third set against BYU, the fifth-seeded Longhorns were set up to get right back in the game after dropping the first two sets. But that’s where it all fell apart.
- In the midst of a three-game losing streak, Texas men's basketball faced arguably the greatest individual performance any member of its roster had seen: Purdue.
Latest in Life & Arts
- When finance junior Chandler Simmons was a freshman in 2016, he and his roommates threw a party in their West Campus apartment. At the end of the night, he found a motionless girl on the bathroom floor. Simmons was not aware that UT grants amnesty to underage students should they take a person to receive emergency services due to alcohol poisoning, so he and his friends took longer to react to a dire situation.
- Need a break from stressing over final exams? Take a moment to look through Austin City Limits Live’s December lineup. This holiday season from Dec. 2 through Dec. 31 ACL Live brings a wide variety of performers to Austin in celebration of Christmas.