Family of Nicky Cumberland backs anti-hazing legislation in emotional testimony at Texas Capitol
House Bill 1482 revamps the state's current anti-hazing statute by expanding the definition of hazing to include forcing others to consume an alcoholic beverage and creates immunity from civil liability for reporting an act of hazing. Read this story
NewsMarch 14, 2019 11:11 PM
NewsMarch 14, 2019 11:20 PM
NewsMarch 14, 2019 11:08 PM
NewsMarch 13, 2019 11:46 PM
Latest in News
Young Conservatives of Texas chairman attends Trump’s signing of executive order protecting free speech at universitiesYoung Conservatives of Texas chairman Saurabh Sharma was one of the students present at the White House on Thursday when President Donald Trump signed an executive order aimed at protecting free speech on college campuses.
- House Bill 1482 revamps the state's current anti-hazing statute by expanding the definition of hazing to include forcing others to consume an alcoholic beverage and creates immunity from civil liability for reporting an act of hazing.
Latest in Opinion
- In a Letter to the Editor, former and current Center for Women in Law interns critique the Daily Texan's reporting on Linda Chanow.
- The Editorial Board argues that grade penalizations for missing class hurt students more than it helps them.
Latest in Sports
- The Texas women’s swimming and diving team’s performance at the NCAA championships has yet to yield any medal winners, but the Longhorns have still turned in several quality performances through the second day of the meet.
- Two years ago at this time, Sug Sutton was riding the bench. Now a junior, Sutton is the proverbial conductor of the train that is Texas. And she’s trying to lead the Longhorns to a deep run in March.
Latest in Life & Arts
- The Texan had the opportunity to sit in on a roundtable discussion with cast members of "The Curse of La Llorana" Linda Cardellini, Raymond Cruz, Patricia Velasquez and director Michael Chaves.
- In the famous words of Jud Crandall, sometimes, dead is better.