Gender gap in STEM persists despite increased representation of women
Last year, UT ranked in the top 10 of U.S. universities for scientific research by the Nature Index database. Along with this came a litany of reports, such as the Elsevier global research group’s 2017 report, which found that the proportion of female researchers is growing. Read this story
NewsAugust 6, 2018 10:16 PM
Life and ArtsAugust 3, 2018 4:39 PM
SportsJuly 30, 2018 10:43 PM
SportsAugust 5, 2018 9:27 PM
NewsJuly 20, 2018 2:20 PM
Life and ArtsJuly 26, 2018 1:13 PM
Latest in News
- Mason Sheu found that he needed to call a Lyft home after venturing away from campus one day his freshman year. For those new to Austin, many may face the same issue as Sheu as they learn to navigate the different public transport options.
- To encourage student voting by reducing wait times in line, a second polling location will open on campus for the 2018 general election, potentially in the Perry-Castañeda Library.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Alyssa Jingling urges students to engage more with locally grown food.
- Columnist Alyssa Jingling encourages students to incorporate sustainability into their back to school wardrobe.
Latest in Sports
- It’s official — a professional sports team is on its way to Austin for the first time in history.
- Freshmen defensive back DeMarvion Overshown and linebacker Ayodele Adeoye have both been ruled out for the Longhorns’ season opener against Maryland on Sept. 1, Texas football announced on Wednesday afternoon.
Latest in Life & Arts
- Although college students are among the most debt-ridden individuals in America, they’re also some businesses’ most sought-out targets.
- Incoming Longhorns are usually swamped with opportunities to learn about college, but even a lengthy orientation, advice from peers and online resources can still leave you feeling unprepared for this next chapter in life.