Texas Cowboys receive third extension due to finals and ongoing discussions
Despite evidence of hazing found by the University, the Texas Cowboys have received their third extension until June 7 to accept, appeal or request a formal hearing for their six-year suspension. Read this story
NewsMay 9, 2019 1:06 AM
NewsMay 9, 2019 1:17 AM
NewsMay 7, 2019 11:29 PM
Latest in News
State Rep. Mary González awarded University of Texas Ph.D as she finishes fourth legislative sessionMary González graduated with a bachelor’s degree in history and Mexican-American studies in 2007. She then attended St. Edward’s University where she got a master’s in social justice.
- Jason Beall, a petroleum engineering freshman, died Thursday, UT spokesperson J.B. Bird confirmed in an email.
Latest in Opinion
- Editor-in-chief Liza Anderson says goodbye to The Daily Texan.
- Reflecting on the year, the editorial board urges UT to focus on being more open with students going forward.
Latest in Sports
- The Texas women’s golf team was able to do what every Longhorn sports team tries to do. Win a sporting event in Norman, Oklahoma.
- Second-ranked Texas has not been fazed by anything this year, not after 18-year head coach Michael Center was fired mid-season, not after falling in the Big 12 Championship game to Baylor, and certainly not now, as No. 24 California enters Austin for the NCAA Championship Round of 16 match on Saturday.
Latest in Life & Arts
- While many seniors worry about their impending graduation, UT’s student radio station KVRX aims to produce the largest college radio station music festival.
- A year after Max Scheffer started a blog to document his travels during a gap year, he shifted his focus to create a different blog — discussing his struggle with his bisexuality and religious beliefs.