City Council loosens homelessness rules, drawing criticism from some UT students, parents
City Council members voted on June 20 to loosen Austin’s homelessness ordinances, prompting safety concerns from UT students and their parents. Read this story
NewsJune 24, 2019 11:25 PM
Life and ArtsJune 18, 2019 12:14 AM
NewsJune 18, 2019 12:17 AM
NewsJune 25, 2019 12:09 AM
NewsJune 17, 2019 11:37 PM
NewsJune 7, 2019 6:08 PM
Latest in News
- The Austin Transportation Department is working alongside CapMetro to provide students with easier off-campus transportation through the Austin Strategic Mobility Plan.
- The population of Texas is expected to double to 55 million by the year 2050, according to the Texas Demographic Center.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Patrick Lee argues that in order for UT to be a first-class institution, it must divest from fossil fuels.
- Associate editor Abby Springs advocates for adding sunscreen dispensers to residence halls and high-traffic areas.
Latest in Sports
- After several months of uncertainty regarding where he will play next season, now-former Texas kicker Joshua Rowland has officially transferred to neighboring Texas State, according to the Austin American-Statesman.
- While they’re best remembered for their contributions to Karen Aston’s 2014-15 and 2015-16 Texas squads — two of her best since arriving at Texas in 2012 — they’re recognized today for their performances at the highest level of women’s basketball. Here’s a rundown of the three Longhorns in the WNBA:
Latest in Life & Arts
- The noughtie days are back with a digital upgrade, courtesy of Ireland’s favorite indie-rock band. Two Door Cinema Club’s latest LP, False Alarm, harnesses the power of electronic pop while drawing from the development of indie-rock over the past decade. The album exceeds the majority of the band’s discography, but fails to compare to debut album Tourist History.
- The month of June — Pride Month — brings an array of emotions to the LGBT community, including pride, love and possession. The Stonewall Riots of 1969 marked the beginning of marches for equality and acceptance of the LGBT community.